- This event has passed.
July 2022 OSS Meeting – Mike Gavin with Impella (1 CME)
July 12, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
July OSS Meeting
Online: Online meeting opens at 6:00 pm and the meeting will begin at 6:15 pm.
In-person: We are meeting in person again and with FOOD at both locations! Doors open at 5:45 pm and the presentation will begin at 6:15 pm.
- OKC OSS members will be meeting at OSU-OKC 440 N Portland Avenue OKC, OK 73107, room #AH1300 on the 1st floor.
- Tulsa OSS members are meeting at 10300 E 81st Street Tulsa, OK 74133, room 9101 in the Student Union auditorium, building 9.
Presentation and Objectives:
Mike Galvin, BS, RDCS will be providing virtual echo education for Impella Heart Pumps.
An Impella team member will be on-site to host while streaming in Mike’s broadcast. Mike is an advanced Impella trainer with Abiomed and was a cardiac sonographer prior to joining Abiomed.
The Role of Echocardiography in Impella Positioning and Patient Management.
– explain the clinical information echo provides in cardio genie shock patients
– identify Impella components under echo
– determine which echo views will help evaluate position
– describe where to measure and which structures are important to identify
– understand which alarms are related to position
– describe the steps of repositioning
– be able to differentiate between continuous and diastolic suction with Impella SmartAssist waveforms
– recognize inlet obstructions
– Identify the echocardiographic findings in right heart failure
– discuss echo’s when weaning Impella support
Coming in person:
- Sign in to the sign-in sheet and make sure your registration information is correct.
- We have your information so there is no need to RSVP. We will mark your attendance when you join the meeting. Just be sure your FIRST and LAST name is used as your name when you join the meeting, otherwise, we will not know it is you and we cannot mark you as attended.
- You will not be marked as attended if you are not present in the first 15 minutes of the presentation.
Non-OSS member: Join us! It’s easy. You are welcome to attend our meetings, but unless you pay the annual dues you will not receive a CME and you cannot eat the meals we provide. Of course, you can bring your own and participate, but we really encourage you to become a member and contribute to Oklahoma sonographers’ continuing education growth and your own.
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDRhZTVmMzktYjE1ZS00Y2QwLTk0ODUtOGViOGMwYjc2ZWZk%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%223e5db3e6-2403-4bf8-8501-bbd7acfd4b6f%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22d17a1646-02a0-4b9b-a1dd-f92209ff8352%22%7d
Join with a video conferencing device
Video Conference ID: 111 168 735 3
Alternate VTC instructions
Or call in (audio only)
Phone Conference ID: 266 473 508#
Please RSVP to your appropriate location. If you have food restrictions we may or may not be able to accommodate, please let us know so we can see if we can try.
OKC FB link: https://fb.me/e/2zYeDrhRi
Tulsa FB link: https://fb.me/e/1Z6vBHWpL
You can pay the annual dues on our website by going to our Payments section then selecting Annual Dues.
*Reminder: Annual dues run from January to December of each year.
Want to get emails?
Go to the bottom of any page on our website and fill out the 5-second form to start receiving them!
Thank you for everything you are doing to keep your fellow Oklahomans safe and healthy. You guys are the best!